Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Parker Collins therapists may conduct therapy via telehealth. New and current clients should call and verify that their insurance covers telehealth. Please contact our office staff with questions about engaging in a telehealth or to schedule an intake appointment. Parker Collins uses RingCentral for telehealth, which is a HIPAA compliant and encrypted conferencing tool. You will need a reliable device to use RingCentral ie. computer.
Overview of Intake Process
1. Contact your insurance company to verify your Mental Healthcare benefits, including coverage for telehealth services.
2. Call (651) 604-7771 to schedule at our Vadnais Heights office
3. Call (763) 400-8000 to schedule at our Maple Grove or Minneapolis office
a. Many of our clinicians have waiting lists, our administrative team can add you to our waiting list and contact you once a provider has availability that works with your schedule.
4. Once you’re scheduled with a provider, our administrative staff will send you our intake paperwork. This paperwork will need to be completed in full no less than five business days prior to your first appointment.
5. During COVID-19 global pandemic, the majority of sessions are provided via telehealth using RingCentral Meetings. You will need a secure location and a solid internet connection to engage in telehealth services.
Insurance Eligibility Check and Scheduling
Please direct scheduling requests to our Administrative Staff. If you seek an initial consult with a provider to determine whether the provider is a good fit for you, our administrative staff can assist in scheduling you to speak with a provider for 15 minutes. We ask that you check with the Administrative Staff to determine eligibility and therapist appointment availability as a first step.
Vadnais Heights Office
Please contact your insurance company to verify your outpatient mental health benefits, including telehealth coverage, then contact our administrative staff at (651) 604-7771 to get started with scheduling and insurance verification. You may also submit a message in the Contact US tab.
Maple Grove or Minneapolis Office
Please contact your insurance company to verify your outpatient mental health benefits, including telehealth coverage, then contact our administrative staff at (763) 400-8000 to get started with scheduling and insurance verification. You may also submit a message in the Contact US tab.
Completing Intake Documents
All our intake documentation is available below for review. Note: You do NOT need to print and complete these forms. Our admin team will email a copy of these documents to you directly upon scheduling an intake appointment, these documents need to be completed electronically by all new clients. These forms need to be completed no less than five business days prior to your first appointment. The admin staff is happy to assist in cases where electronic form completion is difficult.
Referral Policy and Forms
Prior to your first session, it is recommended that you download Ring Central Meetings for your computer or smart phone: https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/rc-app . You can also find the Ring Central Meetings application in your Google Play Store or Apple App Store. RingCentral does work via browser without any additional downloads but we recommend having the application. Your therapist will email a link to join session before your first appointment. If you would prefer a text, please indicate this preference when scheduling.
Parker Collins staff has contracts with the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Health Partners Commercial
- Medical Assistance (MHCP/ Straight MA)
- PMAP Plans: Blue Cross, UCare, Medica, Health Partners
- United Behavioral Health
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Minnesota
Not all staff are contracted with each of these insurance carriers, please contact our office manager to check therapist availability and insurance coverage. Please note that Parker Collins has limited Medicare approved providers and those providers generally have waiting lists, we apologize for this inconvenience.
If you have Medicare, or even qualify for Medicare, please contact your insurance company for assistance finding a qualified provider.
We have limited availability for after-hours support and will work with each client to develop a safety plan. We will answer crisis level voicemails on a daily basis. However, if you are experiencing an emergency we ask you to call 911 or the Crisis Line at (612) 379-6363. You may visit www.crisis.org on the web or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation for Clients on Medical Assistance and Minnesota Care
(Can be used for medical, mental health, and chemical health appointments)
- Straight MA: MN-NET: 1-(866) 467-1724
- Medica: Provide-A-Ride: (952) 992-2292
- Blue Cross/Blue Plus: (651) 662-8000
- UCare: (612) 676-6830
Important To Know About Non-Emergency Transportation:
- Clients MUST be there when their medical transportation ride arrives, or there is a possibility they may not be able to utilize the service in the future.
- Clients may need the name and NPI number of the credentialed provider they have a scheduled appointment with. Parker Collins NPI number is 1487927067
- Children under age 16 are not allowed to be transported alone—they must be accompanied with a parent or guardian.
- If a child car seat is needed, please inform the dispatcher when the client schedules the appointment. Sometimes they are able to provide one for you.
- You must be ready to be picked up up to one hour before your appointment and may be required to wait up to one hour for a return ride. During busy times of day or in areas of road construction, these times may increase. Please contact your transportation provider with additional questions.